GoGPS releases the new product for agri business
Businesses dream of delivering their products for the general market. GoGPS does it the other way around and promotes its all-in-one platform into specific niches. Our next step is agriculture. We suggest you make it with us and start using the new solution by GoGPS. Hecterra is being released today!
For you not to wonder what is what here and start working with the app right away, we prepared the webinar about Hecterra. It will be held on June 5, 2019, at 5 PM (GMT+3). You are more than welcome to join! Meanwhile, here is a short review of the new solution.
We saw the agricultural sector with the eyes of our partners and noted a trend. Although everyone agreed on the basic functionality, each integrator brought at least one specific request that we’ve never come across before. That’s why we didn’t focus on making the solution all around but kept our minds on basic features:
- Access to data on fields and seeds;
- Cultivation area counting;
- Drivers and machinery control.
If you have proper telematics equipment installed, you’ll get all the data from GoGPS. That’s why we created a simple solution to control seeding and cultivation based on our platform. We call it Hecterra, and it includes two core components:
- Web interface to address basic tasks: automated calculation of the cultivation area, keeping the crops catalogue, storing fields history, and reporting. All this based on GoGPS data. But the interface is the tip of the iceberg. It’s not a tired idea – it’s a fact.
- API for multipurposeness.Hecterra is the first project where we parlay API and the developers’ community. All you see in the interface is only a fraction of what you as an integrator can offer to a client.
For example, Hecterra can count a cultivation area very precisely. And you can use the data just anywhere: ranging from in-house accounting systems to third-party agricultural and telematics solutions. Developers can go further and use Hecterra as a backend platform to create brand new software.
How it works?
Here’s the basic functionality of the new solution:
- Create fields in Hecterra or insource them from GoGPS. You can specify crop rotation for each field to show what was cultivated, where, and what’s happening there now.
- Fill in crops and operations catalogs showing the crops and works performed on the fields.
- Work with units, trailers, drivers from GoGPS in Hecterra.
- Detect and register cultivations for any date.
Implements are formed from trailers in GoGPS. These are detachable mechanisms with specific grasp width (used to count cultivation area) and operations performed (used for reporting).
Note! When calculating the cultivation area, we also consider overlaps, gaps and fuel spent. All the data can be visualized in reports or on the map.
This was a short overview of the basics offered by Hecterra. To try all the features and count every hectare, stick to the latest documentation on the app and follow the in-app tutorial.
To assist the developers, we created detailed documentation on the API. Now, you and your technical team will be ready to address the most non-standard client requests with new solutions and integrations based on Hecterra.
Share your experience
Tell us what you think about the new app without mincing words – it will allow focusing on the areas of underperformance and make Hecterra even better. Please, leave your comments by email: firstname.lastname@example.org!
GoGPS – Team Finland